The Suns’ performance tonight is what I expected on Tuesday night against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Even though it was a night later, I’m still glad to see the team have more energy and, for the most part, keep their opponent down by double-digits.
I had a discussion with Phoenix Stan from BrightSideoftheSun.com today and he had a different impression of Tuesday’s game than I did. But I still stand by what I wrote that night. But I think Stan has a point.
Tonight’s game seemed a lot different while I was watching it but after looking at the numbers, the box score shows about the same story.
- All the Phoenix starters scored in double digits
- The Timberwolves beat the Suns in rebounds
- The Suns lost in assists
- Phoenix shot much better than the Wolves
But there were some good things the Suns did as well:
- Phoenix only had 13 turnovers (although those did turn into 17 Wolves points)
- Nash only played 27 minutes
- Leandro Barbosa shot a little better, making 4 of 9 shots and scoring 9 points
Overall, this game just felt better. But maybe that was because the Suns were leading most of the game instead of trailing for most of it. The main thing is that Phoenix is coming home with two wins, they have an 11-5 record and they get a nice Thanksgiving off before they face the Miami Heat and New Jersey Nets at the end of the week.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American readers. Leave your comments below!