A look back at some trends for the Suns over the past week (February 23 through March 1):
- The Suns outscored their opponents 546 to 507.
- The win against the Nuggets capped a stretch of five games in seven days. They won four of those games and their one loss was by 3 points.
- Phoenix scored the least number of cumulative points in the 4th quarter over the past week. They averaged 23.8 points in the 4th quarter as opposed to at least 27.2 in each of the other three quarters. They scored 17 points twice in that stretch.
- Amar’e Stoudemire has average 26.4 points over the past week. Steve Nash averaged 11.25 assists over 4 games – he didn’t play in the first game against the Thunder.
- The Suns bench averaged 26 points. The bench of the opponents averaged 33.6 points. This number is skewed by the Spurs whose bench scored 55 points against the Suns. But the three players on the bench who scored were Richard Jefferson, Manu Ginobili and DeJuan Blair. The Spurs starting five only scored 58.
One more number:
- Lori Ann was wondering how the Suns did when the Suns scored at least 25 points in each quarter and how the team did when at least 25 points were scored in the first quarter. So I ran some numbers. The Suns are a perfect 11-0 when they score 25+ points in each quarter. When they score at least 25 points in the 1st quarter, the Suns are 34-15 – a 69% winning percentage. So if you’re looking to practically guarantee the Suns a win, root for them to score at least 25 points a quarter.
Have a numbers question yourself? E-mail me at email@example.com and I’ll try to track down the answer.